EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT- DATE: 16/06/2020
REF NO: NA 4/12/2 I (82)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the below mentioned position tenable at Parliament – Gaborone
1. VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 4 OF 2020
VACANCY: Deputy Manager – Facilities Management
SALARY: D1 (P311, 664.00 – P344, 076.00) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
• Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and
Employee pays 50%).
• Contributory Pension Fund Scheme (Government pays 15% and Employee
Candidates must be in a possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Estate Management/
Facility Management/Construction Management/Engineering/Building Services
or a related field.
At least ten (10) years Post Qualification Experience in Estate/Property/Facility
Management, two (2) years of which should have been served at D2 salary scale
in Government or equivalent level in Parastatal or Private Organisations.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage and coordinate projects for the maintenance of all buildings at
• Develops and reviews facilities management regulations, procedures and
• Monitors implementation of facility management regulations, procedures
• Plans and administers the maintenance schedule for buildings within
• Monitors adherence to government regulations and environmental health
and safety standards in relation to facilities.
• Undertakes and documents a termly risk assessment of all the buildings
and other health and safety checks as directed by the Health and Safety
• Develops and maintains Assets Register
• Supervises work of contractors in connection with the maintenance and
improvement of buildings and building facilities.
• Administers and monitors service contracts in collaboration with Contract
Management Office to ensure work is properly performed and processing
claims for payment is done.
• Conducts periodic inspections of buildings and evaluates the complexity of
any needed repairs to determine best solution and job cost.
• Oversees the implementation of approved procedures to ensure the
ongoing efficient operation of assigned buildings.
• Prepares reports on the operational effectiveness of the facilities.
• Prepares budget for the maintenance of all buildings.
• Initiates and manages procurement of any buildings maintenance needs
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Decision Quality
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Priority Setting
• Conflict Management
• Communicating effectively
• Ethics and Values
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Integrity & Trust
• Drive for Results
• Presentation Skills
Please quote the Vacancy Circular Number and give the following details:
a) Full names, postal address, date and place of birth
b) Certified copies of Omang and Academic Certificates
c) In case of serving Public Officers, date of first appointment, present post,
salary scale and date of appointment thereto.
d) Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
e) At least two recent work related references (Not more than 6 months old)
f) In case of applicants from Parastatals or Private Sector Organisations,
please provide a statement of current Salary (per month or per annum)
All applications from serving Public Officers should be routed through their Heads
of Departments and Permanent Secretaries (Accounting Officers). Applications
not so routed will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Clerk of the National Assembly
Parliament of Botswana
P O Box 240
Or hand deliver to
Parliament of Botswana
Main Registry, Office No GF 6 Main Building
MAIN Parliament Building
For further information, please contact the Human Resource office at Telephone
No: 370 5587 / 370 5557
Closing Date: 8th July 2020